Aptos a Nice Show

Dynaflash8

On return from the Aptos,CA National Meet, all I can tell you is that it was enjoyable by the sea. There were some great cars, tho not enough of them. Just think, AACA could have set the town of Aptos on its ear if only 200 Californians had decended on it to attend this show. But, attendence was under 100, and actually smaller than Morgan Hill last year. For those of us who attend a lot of National Meets, tho, it was a wonderful opportunity to "smell the roses". We had time to stand around and talk to people, take pictures and so on. I met or re-met Deering, HowardScotland, JAC (who has gone on to Wisconsin), TodFitch, RF all in one day. I want to thank the Cabrillo Region to making the Meet happen. By the way, Deering has a great-looking black Thunderbird and he won with it too! Last, how many of you have ever seen a FEDERAL truck at a car show? Yep, there was one at this Meet!<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 08-17-2000).]

The '51 Federal Truck mentioned earlier has its' photo in the November-December '99 issue of ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE on page 30. It is definitely no TRAILER QUEEN Like Dynaflash said. Last year when it was on its' way to Morgan Hill to win its' First Junior Award, it got rear-ended on I-5 going 55 MPH. by one of our infamous "HONDA HONEYS". This truck is so massive, the Honda was totaled and the truck only sustained a bent spare tire carrier! If you're into trucks, you probably would have enjoyed the '20 White and the '23 Dodge that were also at Aptos. Maybe Western shows are small but; we do have diversity! We seemed to have a disproportional number of Touring cars and Phaetons too. Everything from a '23 Studebaker in HPOF, to a'41 Buick going for its' First Junior, with a whole fleet of '20s & '30s open cars, many of which were for Display Only. Tom

Dynaflash8 is correct. Tom Deering has one good looking black T-bird that won a First Senior. Also received was the "Ladies Choice". I do not know if that award was given to the T-bird or Tom. wink.gif<BR>later-jac

Probably Tom, he's sort of suave and debone as they say in Baltimore. And Tom, you got me on the year of the Federal....I shudda looked at the car list. I was super impressed by the young man with two kids who brought the '50 Pontiac Catalina hardtop. He'd bought it at 16 in Ohio, drove it to HS, College, brought it to CA and restored it to Senior status. Nice guy, nice car...and the kind of guy we need more of in our hobby.<BR> P.S. JAC now we know you have a laptop!<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 08-17-2000).]

If there is food or the possibility of food, I am there. We had excellent layout of all kinds of cheeses. <BR>Tomorrow there are 188 cars to judge. Come on down. Dynaflash8~~ One fellow has entered a '38, a'39 a '40, and a '41 Buick. <BR>later-jac

O.K. Dynaflash8 and jac, it's pretty obvious that you didn't consult my wife on this Ladies Choice award. That 15 minutes of fame was quickly dampened by her and that blamed wooden plaque of hers that reads: "HUSBAND AND T-BIRD MISSING----$ .25 REWARD FOR THE T-BIRD" Rodney Dangerfield has nothing on me when it comes to: "I don't get no respect". As for you jac with all those beauties (cars) in wisconsin, watch out for sensory overload! Enjoy. Tom

Awe, come on Deering, I could see that sparkle of leadership in your eye!! JAC!!! A '39 and a '41 Buick? I'm catching the next plane, haha. Seriously, we're staying home and paying attention to business. Going to the National Capital Region Annual Meet tomorrow in Bowie, Maryland. Driving the '54 Packard. <p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 08-19-2000).]