1931 Chevrolet 1 1/2 ton truck-please help

Guest xtracrazy1

Guest xtracrazy1

My grandpa would like to sell his truck-restorable condition or for parts, but has no idea what to ask and I haven't a clue. Could you give us some idea of what would be fair please.

post-71452-143138348122_thumb.jpg

post-71452-143138348149_thumb.jpg

post-71452-143138348174_thumb.jpg

Guest De Soto Frank

Looks like it's sat a long, long time...

The fact that the valve cover and spark-plugs are missing suggests that the engine is probably beyond hope, especially if water has been dripping through the center hood-hinge and filling-up the crankcase all these years.

If your grandfather has a negotiable title for this truck, you would probably be doing well to get between $500 and $750 as it sits...

If it were able to start an move around under its own power, then the price would probably double.

Looks pretty much like a parts truck at this point...

Guest De Soto Frank

I hope you are able to find someone who can make use of it; it does look like it might still have some useful parts to it, but it might be beyond feasible restoration...

Having a title definitely increases the value...

Where is it located? I've sold some ruff parts vehicles on eBay in the past. Started them off cheep, as in scrap price, and was supprised to see what some of them sold for. This is the easiest way to get rid of old parts vehicles and you don't even have to mess with it. Sold where is, as is. I always state that it must be removed in 90 days, or it will be resold! Looks like some of the wheels are missing so it will require a roll off truck, or flat bed trailer with a winch to load it. With the right equipment, it can be loaded easily without dammage. Dandy Dave!

• 9 months later...