Old cars weekly

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

:mad: Ouch!! Anyone read the artical in sound your horn about Hershey meet size daunting?? I dont understand how Jerry could possabley have trouble finding the meet. My wife tells me I need a G.P.S just to get to work,and I find the show field and chocolet field with out asking directions:eek: Sorry Jerry if you cant read the billboard size signs placed on the road for 3 miles befor the meet you need to contact Guiding Eyes for the blind. You need a dog friend!! Vendors!! No Jerry there not out on the hwy. But if you come into the flea mkt. You will find way more food and drink vendors than there are at Carlisle. Yes I go there too.Dont take me wrong, Im not knocking Carlisle, I like Carlisle,but there size can not compair with Hershey and if you open your eyesHershey has some mighty nice places to take a brake. Next time try one of the membership tents you will be more than welcome. As for traffic, all I can say is its pretty hard to direct a few hundred thousand cars,but Hershey dos the best they can. Ill get off my soap box now Im in enough trouble and will probably get deleated anyway but The reagon dos not deserve a letter like Jerry wrote,think I will copy this and send it to Old Cars. Maby Jerry will read it. God bless our executive director,Steve you are way to kind and have way to much patence:D

I wanted to write a letter to OCW in response to this letter. My experience: I wanted to go to Hershey for years but never did because I didn't have a clue where to stay, how to get around, thought I'd sit in traffic for hours, etc., etc. Well, 7 years ago, a friend asked me to go with him. I never knew that he had been going to Hershey for 20 years. I went with him, learned my way around and found that it was very easy. So, my recommendation, the first time, find someone to go with who's been before and know's their way around. I know I would have been overwhelmed my first visit if I had not done that.

Yeah, I read that letter. Sounds like a guy who was waiting to ***** and moan ('scuse me, am I allowed to say that?) about anything. How can someone NOT find Hershey? If nothing else, in the words of Toucan Sam (the Fruit-Loops cereal bird), "Follow your nose!"

I thought Steve M's response was cogent and precise, without demeaning the guy's concerns (which would not have been an easy task had I been the one assigned to answer). Kudo's to OCW for getting a response straight from the top!

I too read the article which shouldn't have been published in my opinion. Sounds like this guy hasn't traveled more than 5 miles from his home in his lifetime.

Ray Charles (RIP) and Ronnie Milsap both blind could have found fall Hershey, its food vendors, a parking spot, etc.

Guest windjamer

:confused:I dont understand,I thought all computers worked the same.I tryed to e-mail my post to oldcarsweekly.com but my screen says I need to adjust my brouser. would anyone be willing to copy and post my reply to Old cars. Is that allowed? I signed my name.

Guest windjamer
:D Yes I am a bull head. With a quick lesson from my 13 year old G/kid I found Angelo,s e-mail and sent him my letter. Lets see if he will give equil space for a reply.