Tips on securing the body on a rotisserie to the trailer

Hi Everyone,

Finally getting ready to haul the 55 body to the blaster's. This is my first go at loading a rotisserie on a trailer and hauling it anywhere.

I remember seeing a couple pics of Ken's(Mudbone) 55 going to the blaster but I can't find them with a search. I seem to recall he placed a couple jack stands on the sides somewhere to keep things stable.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sure wish I had gotten to this stage a couple months ago when it was 70 degrees here in MI :(

Thanks,

Rich

Thanks Roberta,

That's a great idea for a body cart. Never considered conduit.

I was hoping to leave it on the rotisserie though so the blaster would have full access. I want to make sure he gets to the rear wheel wells and the floor.

I don't want any of that nasty "R" word coming back.

Rich

I used jack stands in the middle to keep it from flexing. I strapped them down so they could not move. I was only going about 6 miles so I took it nice and slow. Mudbone

Thanks Ken,

I did a search but couldn't find these pics. I knew I had seen them.

I have less than 10 miles to go myself so I'm just planning on taking it easy.

I appreciate it,

Rich

Thanks for the link. It looks like they have a ton of experience in multiple applications.

I have a call in to them to get some info.

I have been working with a Blaster in Oxford up to now but never hurts to get a price check.

Thanks.

Hey Roberta,

I spoke with Chris over at the blaster's. He was very nice and remembered you when I mentioned your name. He was very helpful and provided a base estimate over the phone.

I think for this project I will stick with the blaster I am currently working with. I have spent weeks prepping the body for the blaster and really don't require their two step process at this point.

He did indicate if the body is on the rotisserie that he considers that the prefered situation but does have the jacks you mentioned to get the car 4 feet up to get the underside when necessary.

Thanks again for your help and the info. I will be keeping them in mind for future projects.

Rich

Hey Rich:

Been following your post about blasting your body. I went a totally different way. I used a chemical strip by a place called Redi Strip in Indianapolis. They also have a place in Chicago (used to be a chain but now privately owned locations). I did a lot of research and spoke with some of their clients. I had no negative feed back. I know that there is some people that feel that the chemical remains in the seams and will cause problems later but again found no evidence of that in speaking with a couple of their users. Price wise it was about the same as blasting so that was a toss up. The shop that is doing my body work is very pleased with the stripping results. The floor pans looked like they had just come out of the die after stripping. It is their first experience with chemical strip but would use it again. Actually preferred it over sand.

You can see pictures of my car "as delivered" to the restoration shop at Vernesrestorations.com Click on the 57 Buick project as there are several pictures. Also my other 57 (white one) is pictured under "other projects"

Gary

South Bend

He Gary thanks for the info.

I actually did some research on that as well and was seriously considering going that route. My biggest concern was the foam rubber seals between the inner and outter quarter panels. The chemical is unforgiving to anything that isn't metal and I didn't want to mess with those pieces.

I still have the information and price list though. I do agree it seemed pretty reasonable.

Rich