Sign in to follow this  
rsd9699

1959 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck 3 Speed Rebuilt V8

1959 Chevy 1/2 Ton Truck 3 Speed Rebuilt V8

This truck went through a house fire in 1989 after it was 90% restored. I have hung on to it because it was a family heirloom plus the engine has just been rebuilt. I need the space and money!

While the fire destroyed the truck interior and burnt off the exterior paint, it did not hurt the engine (did not even blister the paint on the valve covers) - a 283 V8 with factory 2 barrel and 3 on the tree.

$500 for the entire truck and you trailer it away.

I can get a duplicate title - it was lost in the house fire - you pay the various fees.

Or I will help you pull the engine and repaint it (I have already bought the orange and black rattle cans of engine paint) for $500. You will never be able to rebuild any small block for this price - you can just drop it in and GO. This is a steal and if you snooze you will lose!!!!!!!!!!!!

Transmission for $100, other good mechanical parts (drums, wheels, axles, steering box, drive shaft, rear end, springs, frame, etc) - inquire, sheet metal in fair weathered surface rust shape (doors will need metal repair)- inquire - short step side bed (this was the final part I was working on at the time of the fire) - inquire. No glass or really usable interior parts other than gas tank and seat frame.

I have a set of front fender chrome spears for the truck as well - $30 for the set.

I have a set of 4 vintage cast aluminum wheels for this truck that were bought new in 1989 - $500 - good offers?

I have a bunch of pictures and can supply special picture requests - send me your email address.

Truck is located 30 miles north of Dallas Texas.

I am an 1949 Oldsmobile 98 fellow so I will NEVER restore or rebuild this truck but the funds and space could be for more Oldsmobile parts for my baby.....

Ron

ronald.draper@gmail.com

Benefits of AACA Membership.