Tires on a 91 coupe

Am looking to put new tires on my 91 coupe, since the Eagle GA is out of production and any that are out there are at least 6years old. I dont want to go there. Talked to Goodyear and they recommended the Assurance Comfort Tred Touring , a premium tire offering a smooth quiet ride and refined handling. the GA's did not specify a tread life and were good for 25 to 30 k . this tire has a tread life of 70k. and is decribed as, Dual comfort zone in the tread and sidewall, a special comfort layer in the tread,ComfortEdge sidewalls. an asymmetric tread, and wide circumferential groves . price 109.95 a tire this week at the local store. Any one used these tires? I have over the years used a Brigestone touranza, that were harder than rocks, and presently on this car is a set of continental touring ,which also feel a little stiff to me. Opinions??? Hank

I have put Kumho, Yokohama, and B.F.Goodrich on my Reattas and have been satisfied with all of them.

Like you, I live in the south and the tires see a lot of heat, especially in the summer.

I always buy "H" rated tires to get better life with the heat. My thinking is if it is rated for speed (which builds heat) then it will be good for normal driving when the temp is high.

Spend some time at Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels Look at the reviews and compare prices.

If you stay away from cheap entry level tires you should be satisfied with about any brand.

If you want cheap Kumho is the way to go. I put a set on my pick up truck only because BF Goodrich discontinued the Tiger Paws in my size. I don't like the Kumho as well as the Goodrich but like i said they were cheap and they were for a pick up.

I have bought 3 sets of the Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treds for my Reattas. They ride beautiful and are quiet which is all I care.

If you want cheap Kumho is the way to go. I put a set on my pick up truck only because BF Goodrich discontinued the Tiger Paws in my size.
I thought "Tiger Paw" was a register trademark of Uniroyal for tires. I could be wrong.

Uniroyal (low line), BFG (mid range) , and Michelin (high end) are all produced by the same company. My daily driver's have Michelin 225x60x16 "club tires" (specials for Sam's and Costco) for over 15 years and I like them. Judge and Fiero have BFGs. All the ones I have bought lately have been made in the USA. Cannot say the same for Goodyears I've seen recently.

I too have used Yokohamas and Continentals and was satiisfied, but have now found Kuhmos to be almost as well rated, and at a very good price, although it has gone up as more people find out about them. Only local vendor is Sears, so I mostly get them online now.

I reference the cusotmer ratings and surverys on Tire Rack.com and then search for the best deal.

Hi all,

I put a set of Goodyear Assurance Comforts on my '91 vert this Spring prior to a 500+ mile trip into northern Michigan. Wow! They are super quiet and handle like a dream.

I totally love them. Just my two pennies for what it's worth.

Bob

FWIW, I put Kuhmo's on my 'vert about 8 months ago. The first couple hundred miles, the car felt slippery on twisty roads. But afterwards, the tires started to grip well and are quiet (though tough to tell on L.A.'s grooved concrete freeways).