i found some buick documents in a 65 today, let me know what you think of it

i found a few things in a 65 lesaber today, it looks like the original sales slip and books and other things i do not know

they where all in the buick folder pictured

let me know if you know what some of it is

its like new shape yet, the papers not the folder

the books do not even have a stain on them

thanks

Greg

post-32598-143138337146_thumb.jpg

post-32598-143138337148_thumb.jpg

post-32598-14313833715_thumb.jpg

post-32598-143138337152_thumb.jpg

post-32598-143138337157_thumb.jpg

post-32598-143138337159_thumb.jpg

Looks like normal new car stuff. The "Car Papers" envelope would be supplied by the selling dealer. The "Car Invoice" would be generated by the dealer, also. The handwritten form would have been the "deal sheet" which the salesman wrote-up to detail the prices, taxes, etc. for the deal. Looks like he bought a 5yr/50000 mile "service policy"--didn't know they had those things back then. And, of course, the Owner's Manual.

Looks like the purchase was done at the first of the model year, so higher prices would have been operative.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Greg

What a time capsule though. Saving that all those years shows pride of ownership. I think it is always sad to see an old girl end up in the boneyard after finding papers such as those in the car.

I've got my car's original papers, and books from 65. Its a real treat to have such documentation. I have copied them and put the copies on display for the shows, and keep the originals in a safe place. Congrats!!!

• 2 weeks later...

$3,580.75.... Today it would be $35, 875.00 for a new one. I had a 1971 Caddilac Eldorado at one time and it had all the paper work included. The first owner was a Dentist from Long Island. NY. The dealer was long since closed, and the dentist decesed. Dandy Dave!