Convertibletopguys.com

Guest mounthopewalt

Guest mounthopewalt

Convertibletopguys are advertising Reatta vinyl tops for $539 with defrost glass. Has anyone had any experience with them? If so, how do you rate them?

Do they have the side window seals ? Nothing under "weatherstripping" except glue and floor mats ?

"C.) A PACKAGE SPECIAL: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl Top with Defroster Glass Rear Window. plus Pair Cables, Reatta Top Pads, for: 1990-92 Buick Reatta Convertible Top " $539.95

Do want to see a 1992...

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Guest mounthopewalt

Maybe they have a copy of the 1992 marketing literature that may have been prematurely released by GM. Rumour has it a superchaged engine was in the works.:)

Guest Kingsley

As far as their products are concerned, they are just as good as their suppliers may be rated so you need to know what brand you are buying; however, when it comes to customer service dealing through them with any problem could be good or a nightmare - you are doing entirely correct asking for experiences as I know of several nightmares one of which was the subject of a post on this forum a number of years ago. A BBB inquiry might be in line.

Their prices look attractive but I do not think they are quoting a top of the line convertible top.

Just reviewed their website again and it looks very bonafide and they are the retail division of a top manufacturer which might allow them to sell at good prices in which case that would explain the cost difference.

Edited by Kingsley
Addition to the text (see edit history)

Apparently the "pinpoint" vinyl is the only fabric offered. Has anyone ever bought/installed one from them ?

While on the subject, it looks like the whole top assembly can be removed with just four bolts. Is that correct ?

Guest tempest6cyl

The topstack is bolted in only at the mounting bracket in the quarter panel by bolts and a pair of pins to locate it to the mounting plate. I don't recall whether it was 2 or 3 bolts per side but they're all there ( it's been 20 years since I've seen one at that detail level). The pinholes in the body mounting brackets were located in the body by a drill fixture and would hold the top in position until the bolts were driven.