'75 leSabre Custom x 2

Guest fmbjogger

Guest fmbjogger

Posted previously about the " Last production run" dash plaque on my '75 convertible ( built 07/75). Some suggested it maybe was owner installed. I just spotted the same plaque on another '75 for sale (current owner doesn't know history of plaque). Obviously, the same plaque wasn't installed by two different owners. Does anyone know how many/when/where these plaques were installed ?

post-70980-143138336617_thumb.jpg

post-70980-143138336644_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Another scenario, it could have been installed by the dealer and you happened to find another car sold by that dealer - dealers often did things like that. I have looked at MANY 75 LeSabre converts over the years and have not seen the pictured plaques on them.

Guest fmbjogger

Thanks for the reply, my3buicks, but that seems unlikely, at least in this case, since my '75 was purchased at Orange Buick in Orlando, Fl. and this particular car is a Maryland lifer.

Guest fmbjogger
Another scenario, it could have been installed by the dealer and you happened to find another car sold by that dealer - dealers often did things like that. I have looked at MANY 75 LeSabre converts over the years and have not seen the pictured plaques on them.

PS. I'd kill for that sweet orange Centurian you have. I love it ! I bought a 76 Eldo out your way ( Butler) about 2 1/2 years ago. Sold her at carlisle last fall. Buick beats Caddy hands down.

With the internet, perhaps some of these owners bought it and had it mailed. It just doen't look like a factory piece, especially using the word classic on a brand new car (as mentioned before). That engraving can be done by anyone with a drag-style engraver. Maybe google it and see if you find a company that does this kind of work. It would prove then it wasn't a dealer item. I know it was popular to have the "Built especially for" plaques done years ago. This reminds me of those.

With the internet, perhaps some of these owners bought it and had it mailed. It just doen't look like a factory piece, especially using the word classic on a brand new car

What about Eldorado Custom Classic, Caprice Classic, and Malibu Classic?

• 4 months later...
Guest dave2773

I have the same plaque on my Lesabre. Conv. I was told it was put on the last 500 conv.that roled of the assembly line. The only problem is I have no documentation to back that up.