Still trying to sell the project car

tjthorson

I am still trying to sell the original project car I had bought to restore for my dad. He has a 64 I picked up for him that is done - so the project can go now. I am finding it so hard to believe that no one wants this project. The car is nearly rust free, all original, parked in a garage in 1971. I have 2 engines, and a ton of brand new engine parts, and interior. I am down to $3100 which is WAY less then the parts and car you are getting. There is not doubt its a project - but anyone even thinking about a project wont find a car more solid and original then this....

classified listing with pics and more details is here:

Buick : Riviera: eBay Motors (item 180576355504 end time Oct-25-10 14:38:29 PDT)

All the pictures I have on the car are here:

Vehicle Photo Gallery

browse to "Old Vehicles" then to "Dads 63 Riviera"

I have a clean illinois title showing 67000 original miles. Tons of extra parts, drums, spindles, tie rods, doors, etc - just stuff I acquired during this project - not really needed for this car...

Email me to come see it....

Guest 40series

nice car. I think it is worth the price.

unfortunately it seems with the gloom of the current economics; Our collector values are crumbling dramatically.

Guest gmartin73

im not tryin to hijack your post but, im planning on putting a 64 425 and trans into my 63, what is different on them and will it work?

Guest 40series

engine and trans are a bolt in provided you have the 64 crossmember. The harness for the transmission will need to be installed and the driveshaft forward of the support bearing is different. The big difference is the shifter in the console and the linkage to the transmission. Also a bolt in albeit time consuming.

im not tryin to hijack your post but, im planning on putting a 64 425 and trans into my 63, what is different on them and will it work?

LOL - thats what I had planned on doing. It was my understanding that there was some frame work involved. I ended up putting the 63 401 dynaflow crank into the 64 425 block and thats where it sits now so it will bolt up to the dynaflow.

Sounds like 40 series had more intel then I did....

Oh - and @40series - not feeling all hopey-changey anymore? :rolleyes: