Camshaft for Sale

Paul K.

I have a hardly used performance grind camshaft with a set of lifters. It is for the 401 or 425 Nailhead engine. I purchased the set new from Schneider Camshafts in San Diego, CA. All parts have maybe ONE hour of time on them. Simply put, I thought I wanted a bit more power but what I really wanted was the nice smooth idle I had. This cam is not radical but there is a slight lope to it which I personally do not like. It does sound nice and powerful though. With this cam installed my engine idled fine at 650 rpm and there was 16" of vacuum.It just had an idle not quite smooth enough for me. When I installed the cam I broke it in properly with ZDDP in the oil and ran for 20 minutes at 2000 rpm. When I removed it I checked each lifter with the edge of a razor blade and there is still a crown on every lifter. The lifters are packed in order so they can be installed on the lobe they were broken in on. $125.00 takes all shipping included (48 states). Attached are scans of the Cam Card with the specifications.

425 Camshaft Card.pdf

424 Cam Card back.pdf

Edited by Paul K. (see edit history)