Sign in to follow this  
Mark1934*

63-67 Corvette

My son, an AACA member, who is 17 years old, would like to start restoring his own car (not just help dad with his old Dodge Brothers and Hudson). He would like a 63 Split Window Corvette (wouldn't we all), but I convinced him to consider any 63-67 year Vette. Would like a "driver" but one that needs to be restored or worked on. I don't know if we will ever find one he (meaning him and I) can afford, but we are looking. The prices are all over the place, mostly too high or the car's frame is so rusted the car isn't even held together. Frankly, we are looking for a reasonably priced car. One he can enjoy for a "lifetime." We are not looking to "flip" a car or hotrod. We will restore it to original.

I know my son's tastes are a little expensive, but I'm willing to help him with purchase and restoration. (Don't laugh out loud, but when I asked him what his second choice was, he said Pierce Arrow. We will save that for another day or lifetime. I better stop taking him to AACA meets.)

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.