Help identifying grandparents' car

Guest lyda

I would appreciate help in identifying the car pictured in the photos at the link listed below. This was my grandparents ' car in Kansas during the early part of the 1900's - probably in the range of 1915-1925, based on the approximate age of the people in the photos. Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

"Family Cars" by nrkraemer on Jalbum.net

I counted 25 louvers on the photo of my grandparents' car - and I did find some photos of 1925 models with the same number of louvers. So it may be a 1925 model, but I believe it is definitely a Willys-Knight - which I'm thrilled to know. Thank you all again!

From looking at surviving examples on this site - Willys Overland Knight Registry - Willys Knight Photo Gallery - the 3 door sedan is quite rare. At that time a sedan sold for nearly half as much again as a touring or roadster so the open cars sold in greater numbers. Sales of closed vs open cars went from about 20%/80% to 80%/20% between 1920 and 1930 as the cost of body building was reduced and demand increased.

I have to apologize as I misinformed you. There were a few W/K coupe sedans producted in 1926. They also started part way through 1925 putting 6 cyl engines in them. This could be the reason for more louvers in the hood of grampa's car. The hood may be longer but I do not have a 6 cyl car to compare mine with. Having 4 wheel brakes makes it a1925 or 1926.