I made anouther monster

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer
:D Yes I done it again. I first met Odell 4 years ago, she was talking to Edie about her Chevelle and Ed. ask me to go look at Odells car. She had a plan jane little 4dr Nova with a six cyl. 4dr. Not anything to set the world on fire but I could see she was just as proud of that cracker box as any one would be with a Grand National Roles. It was all original right down to grease and mud that covered the engine compartment. She bent my ear about 4 hrs. that day about the AACA,how could she join and what could or should she do to make the car as nice as Edies? My first thought was raise the rad.cap and drive a new car under it,but I gave her a few pointers and an applacation to the AACA and hey, you never know. That fall I met her and her husband again, at of all plays HERSHEY:eek: She was waveing her membership card and asking me to let her know if there was a local show befor winter where I might look at her car. It was spring befor I got to see her car again, and I must admit I was impressed. I gave her a judging manual some prase and a few more pointers. Long story short, she called me last Sat. on the way home from Hershey. She was holding her Senior trophy and flying high. She called again this week to ask about Philla. She got a letter and that POS cracker box has been nomanated for a National award.:D Hey,you never know.

My own take is that the little 4-door Nova is way more typical of what we actually drove than the fancy high-end coupes and convertibles that dominate every show. To look around in most shows you'd think nothing else was ever built. I find a nicely restored or original 4-door car or wagon refreshing.

When I saw that 69 Caprice sedan at Fall Carlisle, it spoke to me. I grew up and took my driver's test in a 69 Impala. Nearly a month later I wish I had written the phone number down.