Tucker in Museum near Ellenville, NY: Where Is It Now?

Harold

Back in the late 1960's-early 1970's, my father and I stopped at an auto museum near Ellenville, NY and it had an orange Tucker on display. Does anyone recall the museum or car? The museum is long gone, and I was wondering what happened to the Tucker.

Harold

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tucker Fan 48

The Tucker you saw was #1037. Originally a Waltz Blue car it was repainted what was referred to as a horrible red/orange color. The car was owned by Harry Resnick in Ellenville who also owned Tucker #1022.

Tucker #1037 has been restored and painted a maroon color. It is currently owned by Francis Ford Coppola. It has long been displayed in his winery, The Rubicon Estate, 1991 St Helena Hwy, in Rutherford, CA. 94573.

The car was used in the movie, Tucker, A Man and His Dreams. In the movie is the car that was referred to as the prototype and is unveiled to the public at the plant.

post-61682-143138338244_thumb.jpg

post-61682-143138338251_thumb.jpg

The Tucker you saw was #1037. Originally a Waltz Blue car it was repainted what was referred to as a horrible red/orange color. The car was owned by Harry Resnick in Ellenville who also owned Tucker #1022.

Tucker #1037 has been restored and painted a maroon color. It is currently owned by Francis Ford Coppola. It has long been displayed in his winery, The Rubicon Estate, 1991 St Helena Hwy, in Rutherford, CA. 94573.

The car was used in the movie, Tucker, A Man and His Dreams. In the movie is the car that was referred to as the prototype and is unveiled to the public at the plant.

Thank you! I'm glad the car is still around.

Harold