2011 BCA Roster preparation

Guest BCAOffice

Guest BCAOffice

As we begin preparation to print a 2011 BCA Roster in the Spring, we ask that all BCA members please let us know if there are any changes needed to your address, phone, fax, email, cars owned, spouse listed or unlisted. The renewal forms always allow for changes to be made, but a large portion of our membership will not get a renewal form prior to the cut-off date for being listed in the Roster. The tentative cut-off date will be the last day ( 28th ) of February, 2011. If all goes well, the 2011 Roster will be mailed with the May Bugle. Again, these are tentative dates. Any questions, please call us.

Thanks for your continued support of the BCA!

Go Buick!!!!!

Mike & Nancy Book, BCA # 9202

Buick Club National Office Administrators

Edited by BCAOffice (see edit history)

Thanks for the hard work on this Mike and Nancy. It's too bad most members won't get a chance to review their information before the Roster goes to print.

Is there somewhere "on-line" that a chapter can get that information for their members at least? It is discouraging to be leading a meeting and people are griping about incorrect details in the Roster.

John,

I'll take this one but I'm sure M&N will chime in too. We will be putting something in the Bugle to remind folks too so hopefully everyone has their fair chance to get their info right..

As for online data, not really, but the Office can always supply an Excel Spreadsheet of NY members to a chapter director. You just have to ask. I use them to keep up with memebrs in my area that may have moved in to the area or renewed after being gone for a few years (which doesn't appear in the Bugle) As for how much data is included (i.e. address, cars, etc I know they can do address, phone, email. I defer to the office as to whether the spreadsheets contain cars. Assuming it does contain the cars, I am sure the office and the BCA would be thrilled to have you update your chapter members' info at your monthly meeting or holiday party or something where many of your members are present and send it in as a group.

Guest BCAOffice

Check your email, John. We just sent you a Word document that is duplicate of what the Roster listings would look like if we did it tonight. The listings are alphabetical and contain the exact info that we have in our BCA database. It's not as convenient as if it were only your Chapter, but with the way the database is set up, this is the only way we can include all of the personal info plus the car info. Let us know if this works ok for you. Any changes can be emailed or called in to us.

Thanks!

Mike & Nancy Book, BCA # 9202

Have you considered just sending the info (as was done for the NY chapter) to all chapter directors with a request for changes? That would minimize the number of e-mails to be sent and the chapter directors could address the info at the next chapter meeting.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody! I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but is there a BCA directory that is sent to all the members? Or a place where a member can get one? I joined last year and from what I have read on the forums, it looks like there is one for members. I just never received one. Thanks for your time.

Jim,

I do not know what the policy is on shipping roster after you join, but I will speculate that once they are printed for each member, any extras would likely be sent to the first new members until the supplky is exhausted.

I am afraid you will just have to wait until the next issue which will be early 2011, as I estimate.

John

• 1 month later...
Guest buickapollo455

cars on list , address and phones'

craig and debbie geske

4028 N Lyndale av

Mpls MN 55412-1736

bca 27925

cars:

1972 buick electra 225 4 door ht, modified

1973 buick Apollo 2door hatchback , 455 suncoupe

1979 buick skyhawk coupe...ROADHAWK edition

1975 buick Park Avenue executive deluxe,cx39 (electra limited series) 1 of 37

2001 buick Century limited sedan

ph 612-803-4918 cel

call me on home phone wont list here unlisted, thx craig

Thats a good idea Larry. One other problem to solve however, is somehow letting people know what is already in the database. Because the roster is only as good as the information contained therein, and because there has been some misinformation printed in prior issues, it would be nice if people knew what was in there already so they have a chance to correct it. I have found that 30% of the people in our chapter have changes which I am still compiling. A small number on a local level, that could indicate a much greater need on a National level.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

In the last roster I was listed as owning a 1968 Wildcat convertible. I no longer own that car. I am now down to just the 67 Skylark and the 77 Limited.

Dan

Craig and Dan, Just a reminder that you need to email or call these changes into the office as that is how they are keeping track. They may look here but it is best to contact them directly.

As for the other ideas, I like them too. it is too late to implement them this go around, but we'll see if it is possible to in the future.

Guest Sergeant Major

I'd like to know if I can get my name and information taken off of the roster. For me it's just to much personal information out there. And actually it's being done without my permission.

Guest my3buicks

It is not uncommon in many clubs to have a box to check if you want or don't want to have your information published in a roster. Might be something to see if the membership prefers one way or another.

• 5 months later...
Guest 40 Buick 51c

Is there a a new projected release date. Might be good to hand them outat danvers to those who are there(save some postage.