Possible AACA Museum Funding Idea ?

Guest Silverghost

Guest Silverghost

Has the AACA Museum ever considered an auction fundraiser ?

Several Antique Boat Museums have auctions each spring or fall like this.

Folks could donate project autos, restored autos, parts, memoribila, printed material etc.. they don't want or need just for this special fundraiser auction.

At several Antique boat museums this is a well attended fun event that is a big success each year !

I brings out lots of great auction items , generates much needed cash and is very well attended & supported !

What do YOU think about this possible auction idea ?

Guest Dave Snyder

I am one of the artists that donated a painting on one of the gas pumps that auctioned during the "Night At The Museum". About 120 hours of work went into the painting and it raised $10,000. I made the donation of time because I believe in the AACA Museum and its mission. The point, get people excited about the mission and long range plans and they too will step up.

My wife and business partner Marion and I have already had conversations with Myra Toomey and Darwin Clark about next year's project that will involve the community of automotive artists. But this will only happen if the "Night At The Museum" is better attended and members of the AACA do their part in support.

I hope this discussion continues and more ideas come to light.

Guest Silverghost

My "auction idea" would not only bring in much needed money for the museum ; it would also bring people out to see the museum and get them excited about it !

There is plenty of room there to hold an auction outside or inside !

Why not make a annual auction event day or weekend for it ?