Lincoln: From glory to gutted...

keiser31

If the bumper rub strip is black with white insert, which it appears to be, I could use the rear bumper corner that goes from the bumper guard around to the passenger side if it is in decent shape. Mine is a little chewed up.

Also the drivers side armrest that holds the power window controls and runs the length of the interior door. But I assume that would be shot. They usually are all cracked.

If the bumper rub strip is black with white insert, which it appears to be, I could use the rear bumper corner that goes from the bumper guard around to the passenger side if it is in decent shape. Mine is a little chewed up.

Does it involve removal of the bumper?

No, you just use a screwdriver to carefully pry it off. You can see the little tabs that go into the holes in the bumper once you start prying it away. You just have to be careful not to rip those off so that it can be reattached. They flare out at the end to hold it in place. Sort of like a doorknob. You can practice on the others if necessary. I only need the one passenger corner from the rear bumper.

Edited by LINC400 (see edit history)

Thanks, that would be great. Note that it is the whole armrest with switches in it. (although I don't need the switches), not just the pad on top. They usually crack in the corner between the switch plate and the pad on side that touches the door panel. If it is cracked, forget it. I already have a cracked one. But judging by the condition and amount of crap piled inside, I'm guessing it's shot. But doesn't hurt to look.

Edited by LINC400 (see edit history)

Thanks, that would be great. Note that it is the whole armrest with switches in it. (although I don't need the switches), not just the pad on top. They usually crack in the corner between the switch plate and the pad on side that touches the door panel. If it is cracked, forget it. I already have a cracked one. But judging by the condition and amount of crap piled inside, I'm guessing it's shot. But doesn't hurt to look.

Well, you were right. The armrest is shot. I got the bumper piece. It was fairly easy to take off. Neither side had the center protrusion (clip). There are four left which may be enough.

post-37352-143138325805_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138325813_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138325822_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313832583_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)