Fuel Door No Worky

Guest Double M

Guest Double M

Okay, I just might as well, posting a seperate thread for all my various issues...

... well the ones with my Reatta, there isnt enough bandwith to post all MY issues...

The Fuel Door does not release from the button in the glove box. I know there is a manual release in the trunk and that works.

But, I wouldnt mind a way to just make it work without a release like a normal fuel door. Or a simple fix to make it work with the button. I'm not going for judging points here, I just want to put gas in the thing.

I can just see myself not being able to get into the trunk on a snowy day and not being able to put gas in.

The lock on the trunk is missing its cover, so I bet snow and ice is going to freeze that up in short order.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Fuel door release and the truck lid release switches both get their power from fuse 17 in the fuse block (20 amp).

Does the trunk lid release switch open the trunk? (Not the keyless remote FOB)

If so the fuse and wire to there works.

There are no splices shown for the pink wire from the switch all the way back to the fuel door release solenoid, so check if there is 12 volts on the pink wire going to this solenoid in the trunk when your dog pushes on the switch. :rolleyes:

Solenoid is grounded probably thru one of its mounting screws as no wire is shown on the diag. If you get 12v and it is grounded, then it's bad and you need to replace.

You can check it's working or not by hitting where that pink wire connects to the solenoid with 12 volts and see if it actuates. Might be easier to remove it from the car and use the battery and some wires to test it up front.

There are two screws that hold the latch unto the fuel door lid. Remove those and the latch will come off. Going forward to open the door you will have to "pry" open the door with your finger tips.

Somewhere in the past one of the PO's on my black Reatta broke the mechanism. I was able to grab a fuel door off the one in the local u pick and used parts off that to make it all better.

Guest Mc_Reatta

You're in for a treat when you get a round tuit.

Check the thread on remotes here:

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/programmable-remotes-keys-274574.html

Assuming your electric door locks work and there is a working keyless entry module in the car, you should be able to get it up and running just by getting a remote or 2 and programming them.

Instructions for programming the remote are on Ronnie's website.

You're in for a treat when you get a round tuit.

Check the thread on remotes here:

http://forums.aaca.org/f116/programmable-remotes-keys-274574.html

Assuming your electric door locks work and there is a working keyless entry module in the car, you should be able to get it up and running just by getting a remote or 2 and programming them.

Instructions for programming the remote are on Ronnie's website.

Good information in that thread. I posted the relevent information here to help others:

Remote Transmitter Replacements*-*ReattaOwner.com

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Guest Double M

Duct tape fixes eveything.

My saturday of working on the Reatta, came up with a few simple solutions to some problems and I discovered some new ones. But the fuel door thingy was really bugging me. I did not want to disconnect it, just prevent it from latching. So a couple of small pieces of Duct tape now cover the latch, keeping it from hooking on to the door. Futhermore, a nicely rolled up piece is now shoved into the piece that the doors latch fits into, which wont let the ltch, latch either.

I can simply remove the tape when I figure out why the button doesnt work, if ever and now I can put gas in my car w/o going thru the trunk to release it. The trunk lock works but has this issue pictured below and that may freeze up and prevent access to the trunk.

Do I have to replace the whole power trunk unit or just the lock cylininder. It works.

68718_489622977315_755087315_7006759_5838318_n.jpg