Stolen Car Section

1937hd45

I just read a post on another website about a 1913 Model T touring that was stolen, along with the trailer it was in. Do we need to have a Stolen Vehicle Notice section here?This is a small world, and once the word gets around things do find their way home.

A stolen Model T is about as serious an old car related crime as there can be! mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0 I agree that a pertinent section is a good idea. It may just be the venue to provide the information necessary to put the perps away and return the vehicle to its home.<P>How about automatic-notice links to related sites and links for photos of the vehicle and trailer?<P>OJ

1937hd45 and Peter G: Thank you. I think this to be a viable tool.<P>We on the DF are a minority compared to the 63,000 members of the AACA. This service should be made known to non-computer users via the Newsletters, Rummage Box, etc., for it to be totally successful.<P>Digressing a bit, I post below tid-bits of security related data from articles I have read over the years:<P>1. The guy from Western PA, who, having just spent a fortune on the restoration of a 1970, or, so, Dodge hemi, had it stolen in front of his motel room at his first showing, in Carlisle. (You may recall the "reward" offering in various magazines a few years ago. <P>2. The friendly person who comes up to your car at a show, in your driveway, etc., that befriends you, admires the hell out of your car, etc., just may be shopping for a steal. "ALWAYS" keep a close watch in your rear view mirror for any strange vehicles following you to your motel, home, or, whatever, when leaving an event.<P>Let's face it, there is no out-of town event, of which, you see collector cars parked all over a motel's parking lot as if they were a modern, daily driver.<P>You be the judge on the security desired.<P>Me ?: I have already jacked up and removed a front tire on my TR-6, put the tire in the ground level motel room for quick security.<P>Me ?: I always take the distributor wire off and put it in my motel room.<P>Me ?: When the car is on the trailer overnight, I find a well lit location at the motel, "jack-knife" the truck & trailer as far as possible, then, run an extremely heavy chain aroung the car frame, through the trailer frame, and, around the truck frame. <P>It won't prevent parts theft, damage to the car, etc., BUT, will be an obstacle/deterent... <P>One thing for certain, if they don't have a torch with them, it will be difficult to drive the truck/trailer in a straight line. <P>Regards,<P>Peter J. wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0<P>[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Peter J Heizmann ]<p>[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: Peter J Heizmann ]