Judging - License Plates

Guest RalphL

Guest RalphL

Quick question - I also belong to the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) where I earned 1st Senior at a national meet a few months ago in July. There were commemorative license plates issued to award winners (much like the AACA Louisville Meet plates). Will I receive point deductions if I leave the VCCA plate on my car when I compete for AACA 1st Senior next week in Hershey?

I looked in the judging handbook, but it only seemed to discuss license plate frames.

From the Judging Guidelines:

4. BADGE DISPLAY

a. Badges and license plate frames with

club names other than AACA will NOT be

subject to a deduction for authenticity, if

they are appropriate to the vehicle

and displayed in good taste.

They will be judged for condition.

b. Excessive display of club badges will result

in a total deduction of not more than two

points.

c. Non-authentic license plate frames and

advertising badges are not acceptable,

regardless of the number or manner in

which they are displayed.

So, if there is a condition issue, you certainly could lose points by displaying it. If it could be interpreted as "Excessive", if you have additional club stickers or decals on the car, you could lose points.

If you take it off, you can't lose any points for it. If you leave it on, you probably will not lose points, but could possibly lose a point or two. You will have to make the call yourself. If it is in perfect condition, and is the only club item displayed, you are probably safe to leave it on, if not, it might be better to remove it for the day.

Guest RalphL

Thanks - probably best to take it off. Although it's new, it's not worth risking a couple of points - especially if that'd be enough to stand between me and 1st Senior! :eek:

Take care!

Thanks - probably best to take it off. Although it's new, it's not worth risking a couple of points - especially if that'd be enough to stand between me and 1st Senior! :eek:

Take care!

Ralph...Welcome to the AACA Forum.

Take Matt and Al's advice. Personally, I would take it off at home and leave it there until later. After your car is judged for the Meet awards there will be National Award Judges looking over vehicles.

Good rule of thumb is the judges look at what is displayed to them and judge everything as displayed.

Regards,

Peter.