Classic car rental

Guest aa130774

Guest aa130774

My daughter is getting married Oct. 15 (scarey) and has decided she would like a classic car and driver to transport her and the groom. We are in Clarkston, MI (north Detroit area). Any thoughts?

Guest bkazmer

you can find multiple threads on this with most details. Basics:

get more specific about what kind of car you are looking for. The description you used is a topic in itself.

hiring out the car voids almost all personal antique car insurance.

a friendly person who will do it (and a gift of appreciation is OK) may be the way to go, in my opinion and experience.

Congrats on the big day.

Check your local car museum; they sometime rent out cars for wedding & other events. The Packard Museum here in Dayton, OH rents a 1931 Packard town car for $275 the first hour and $100 each additional hour. The clock starts when the car leaves their garage.

I was getting several requests a year. Checked out my insurance and was told the cost would be about $1,000 yearly. My antique coverage is about $106 yearly. Too much cost as the Insurance Co would make more money than me. Today, I politely suggest they use the museum.

Bkazmer's suggestion should be your best bet. Plan on a gift and do it in cash. If there is a car show or cruse-in this weekend, go and talke with them this weekend.