Stolen 1935 Auburn 635 Sedan

Guest tmodelman

Guest tmodelman

Attached are photos of a 1935 Auburn 653 sedan stolen from a residence at Georgia Road and Messer Airport Highway in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday , September 4, 2010.

Birmingham Police Department case number: 100917765, reporting officer: J. Williams, (205) 328-9311

The serial number of the car is: 5359A, engine number WF7648

If located, or if you have any information, please contact Birmingham Police Department Detective Cobb (205) 254 1782, Vic Zannis (205) 936-7825, and Joes Auto Parts, (205) 595-1217

Please distribute this information to any one who might see the car.

Thank You

post-47122-143138316264_thumb.jpg

post-47122-143138316267_thumb.jpg

post-47122-143138316269_thumb.jpg

I printed this entire post in color. I will be going to Hershey next week, so will keep an eye open in my travels. If anything shows up, will get in touch from the show. This is the type of vehicle that could possibly show up at Hershey (or maybe other shows), so hope that others might also look around for this car this fall. I am really sorry that this happened, but posting the photos, serial number and contacts on this and other forums is a step in the right direction.

Fred

I am close to Auburns and Auburn parts. I will keep my eyes open. Years ago, I sold pre war Chevy parts. There was a fellow that was my competition who showed up at the local swap meets that always had the nicest fenders, body parts and rare accessoreis. It turned out that all of those nice parts came from stolen cars that were parted out. Sooner or later that car or the parts there of will surface. Watch eBay.

Please shoot the guy that hacks it into a street rod. I hope you catch the theive before the torch touches it.... I tell all the bad boys around here that my stuff is protected by Smith and Wesson. They stay away. Dandy Dave!

Please shoot the guy that hacks it into a street rod. I hope you catch the theive before the torch touches it.... I tell all the bad boys around here that my stuff is protected by Smith and Wesson. They stay away. Dandy Dave!

Just hang 'em as they did with horse thieves.

I think that is a bit extreme Dave. Due to the laws changing in many states it is getting VERY difficult to obtain a new title. It just took me 11 months to get a clear title for a 1934 Auburn. Unfortinately Auburn four door sedans are worth more in parts than they are in hole. Do not misconstrue this, I am NOT in favor of parting this car or any other car that can be made roadworthy.

Guest jpatino

Don't give ever give up hope. I had a 29 Studebaker parts car stolen about 8 years ago and I found it on Ebay about a year ago. Sadly it was left out in the rain and was very rusty but still had a few usable parts that I needed.

I think that is a bit extreme Dave. Due to the laws changing in many states it is getting VERY difficult to obtain a new title. It just took me 11 months to get a clear title for a 1934 Auburn. Unfortinately Auburn four door sedans are worth more in parts than they are in hole. Do not misconstrue this, I am NOT in favor of parting this car or any other car that can be made roadworthy.

Extreme???... until they back up and load your car out of your yard. Tis far better to have a reputation of being a little nuts and keeping promises than to be taken by a low life. I have misconstrued nothing. Dandy Dave!

In Alabama no titles are issued for cars built before 1975.

My heart goes out to you, in 2003 while in route to a hupmobile meet in Wi our 1936 Hupp,truck and enclosed trailer were stolden in Mich City In. Luckly it was found a week later in Gary In. They never removed the tie down straps. The real harm is that we missed a great time with our friends because we went back home in a car we bought from a local dealer. We could have gone on the tour as some friends offered to pick us up on their way by. We wanted everyone to have a good time and not be feeling sorry for us. This car is a part of the family and the thought that we had lost it was heart breaking. I hope your story ends as good as ours.

Attached are photos of a 1935 Auburn 653 sedan stolen from a residence at Georgia Road and Messer Airport Highway in Birmingham, Alabama on Saturday , September 4, 2010.

Birmingham Police Department case number: 100917765, reporting officer: J. Williams, (205) 328-9311

The serial number of the car is: 5359A, engine number WF7648

If located, or if you have any information, please contact Birmingham Police Department Detective Cobb (205) 254 1782, Vic Zannis (205) 936-7825, and Joes Auto Parts, (205) 595-1217

Please distribute this information to any one who might see the car.

Thank You

I posted a link to this thread on V8Buick. Hoping, everyone there, will keep an eye open.

Tag receipt. And, Notarized bill of sale.

Alabama began issuing titles in 1975. After, the state became a haven for those selling stolen cars from across the country. However, still, no titles are issued for pre-75 cars.

That really put a crimp in Broadway Title's business. The State of Maine was the next choice; they changed their laws as well.

Which brings to mind, contact every title company in the USA about the car.

It is my understanding that a car cannot be exported sans clear title.