What year Dodge?

StanleyRegister

Hi all,

I'm working on a speedster which was built on a Dodge frame & front axle. It has 24" wheels, which made me think it was a 1924 car. But I've looked at the steering box on some '24s, and they don't match mine. The steering box for a '27, however, is an exact match. And it appears to be riveted on.

The frame number seems to be gone, but there are a few casting numbers visible. Front axle is E22644F DB266, steering box is 18088, rear shackle is 18287 DB320, another rear shackle is 18288 DB336 . Is there any chance that these would narrow down the year?

Thanks,

Kelly

Guest John1918

Most of the castings on the engine have casting dates and end with the year. If you could post a pic of the engine it would help. Trouble is a speedster could be an assembly from several different years. 24" wheels were from 1920 till 1924 I think. John

Unfortunately it doesn't have a Dodge engine. As far as I can tell, the only things Dodge are frame, springs, steering box, front axle, wheels, and hubcaps.

Part of the goal for determining what year is to be able to buy correct suspension replacement parts. It also looks like I would need to know the model - the Romar & Meyers catalogs list different bushings & bolts for different models in '27, for example.