Key Code - HELP

Guest KentWood

Guest KentWood

MY 1990 TC is missing the key for the Glove Box/Storage compartment/Trunk. The Chrysler Dealer in my area (Grand Rapids, MI ) can no longer find the Key Code for a 1990 car. They suggested to take the Trunk Lock to a locksmith and have a key made there, but removing the Trunk lock is not without problems (and the Glove Compartment lock will not do since it has less cuts ).

Does anyone have access to the 1990 key codes given the VIN number ?

Edited by KentWood (see edit history)

Guest My TC Toy

Your simplest way out may be to pick up a set of trunk, box and storage locks from a salvaged car and replace. You should have no problem getting them here.

A locksmith can make a key if you take the car to them. Removing that trunk lock requires removing the power release assembly if I remember correctly. Just call the locksmith ahead of time to see if they have the proper long key blank. They can use the regular Chrysler trunk key blank if they have a way to file down the round head so it will fit inside the trunklid reflector, I did that on the 89 TC I had.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest d_voitel

When I bought my TC, the keys were mia. My first trip was to a local Chrysler dealer and they had none of the codes any longer. I then called a locksmith who came to the house and cut keys with no problem. He did have to file down the round head in order to get the key to fit. It works great now. I believe Jesser's keys may still have key blanks for the TC. Welcome to Jesser's Classsic Keys

Duane