1940 Chevrolet Convertible

X-Frame

Doea anyone know if the 1940 Chevrolet Cabriolet was a one-off model frame? I see it has a modified K type frame - almost an X, but don't think 1939 had it and 1941 was completely different. Does anyone have a driagram showing the outline from a manual? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest 40ragtop

I just found an original Olds parts manual for 33- 49. what is it that your looking for? I dont see the 40 olds frame pictures, but in the May 2000 "cars & parts" mag it has a 40 Cabriolet on the cover & the cars are VERY similar. The 41 olds frame looks like the frame for the 40 convertible, but the Convt has a re-inforcing plate as well as front & rear driveshaft loops. pm an email & I can take pics of what I have. (this book has part & prices -printed in 49)

Jim

Guest davidhill

I had a 2 door 49 business coupe .

You could chop the top off but I would never drive or park it in the rain after that . Fitting a custom rag top would be pricey .

Make it your sunny day car .

Guest billnthemale
Doea anyone know if the 1940 Chevrolet Cabriolet was a one-off model frame? I see it has a modified K type frame - almost an X, but don't think 1939 had it and 1941 was completely different. Does anyone have a driagram showing the outline from a manual? Thanks.

Hello, I have 3 1940 chev cabriolets and only one has the orignal 40 convert frame. I will be glad to get some pic's of what you want to know if you would like. The 40 is a one year frame and body.

• 1 month later...

I am going to bubble this one back to the top since I still haven't been able to locate 1) a factory diagram of the 1940 Cabriolet frame and 2) no one to take or has pictures of the frame in different angles. One person said they had one but is currently in winter storage.

Anyone else out there who can help right now? Thanks!