Sign in to follow this  
Ryan5O

1944 Ford Truck Model 49T

Ryan50: Haven't heard anything new about your truck lately. Did you make any discoveries when you last visited the truck? Hoping to learn more.

Hey Perkins, thanks for the interest. Im actually heading out there this weekend to pick up a 72 Chevy C10. While Im there, I'll go through the Ford real good. Im was talking to my Gpa about selling it the other day and Im thinking it will probably be a local sale or something via the internet. Wish he lived a little closer, I'd love to drive it back and put it in a few parades; however I'm looking at a 14 hour drive one way.

Well, I havent had any luck finding the SSN, but if anyone was curious about what my grandparents were going to do with the truck here ya go

Ford | eBay

I have a 1944 Ford Fire Truck and would like to know how I can find an official list of Ford's production numbers for the years 1944 and 1945

I have a 1944 Ford Fire Truck Model 99t and I would like to find a list of Ford production numbers for 1944 and 1945. I have tried several web sites with no luck. I would also like to find a maintenance and overhaul manual. The truck was built by Hahn Motors Inc. on a 1944 Ford chassis. Any help would be appreciated.

Backacheacres: I just replied to your pm, and I mentioned the vanpeltsales.com and wnyrg.org sites. However, in reading your posts to this thread, I'm not sure if you are going to find what you're looking for on the 1944 SNs. I couldn't find anything specific for 1944, but I think I have confirmed that the final 1942 SN was 539426 and the first 1945 # was 623330. So if your number falls between those two, it is narrowed down a bit. With primary production in '43 and '44 being for the war, it is tough to find specifics on 1944 SNs...

I believe the "99" was just the prefix that the Ford and Mercury serial numbers were assigned beginning in 1939 and ending in 1946 for the V8 models. The "T" indicates 1 1/2 ton truck. Looks like you have a late model '44.