Wanted to BUY I920s Touring door latches

oldcar

Sure you do not need the whole door with the latches. I have two unbelievable original

doors (even have the original fabric and storage thing still on them. I will have to see if Keiser will post another pic or two for me, I still haven't got the systenm down on that. This post

probably better applies to someone looking for touring doors. If they happened not to want

the latches, I will sell them to you reasonable. The doors (as mint as early takeoffs would be likey to be), I will ask $500 for the pair.

Sure you do not need the whole door with the latches. I have two unbelievable original

doors (even have the original fabric and storage thing still on them. I will have to see if Keiser will post another pic or two for me, I still haven't got the systenm down on that. This post

probably better applies to someone looking for touring doors. If they happened not to want

the latches, I will sell them to you reasonable. The doors (as mint as early takeoffs would be likey to be), I will ask $500 for the pair.

Here you go...

post-37352-14313830644_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306442_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306444_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306446_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306448_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313830645_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306452_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138306454_thumb.jpg

Thank you prs519 & keiser31.

I have sent an e-mail to prs519 but rather than break up original doors (which I cannot use) I had better keep looking. For others the latches with the cranked inside levers with the crescent shaped escutcheon plates are exactly what I am looking for (without the doors). Apart from anything else the freight to Australia on the complete doors (which I cannot use on the Packard Coupe) would be prohibitive.

Bernie J

oldcar.

They definitely look like late teens /early 20's Buick. It might be easier to make a matching opposite side latch. They are pretty simple. Buy the time you repair old original ones you will have almost as much time invested. Any I have seen at swap meets were as totally worn out as my original ones.

Best of luck Greg

A good suggestion Greg. I have to take the one I have apart as it is rusted solid. As you say they are not all that complicated especially as I do not want to use the outside handle.

It is just that I would prefer to have a "period" part even if it is somewhat worn. Something about patina I guess. Either that or I am becoming lazy in my old age. I could just go out and buy new (pull cord operated) ones that would solve the problem but they just do not look "right".

Bernie J.

Bernie,

I did come across a plated brass extra knob identical to your latches and mine if you should find you need it. Am thinking I may have another somewhere.

Perry

Thanks Perry

I will not do anything just now. The whole project may be put on hold or alternatively sold if anyone is looking for a "parts car". I am not sure if I am up for the EXCLUSIVITY of being a Packard Owner.

Bernie J.

Don't ask the man who owns one........