Sign in to follow this  
madisonight

Rechroming Wheels Info Needed

I'm looking for a rechromer for my steel rally wheels on my 66 Riviera, I live in Illinois and I'm trying to find the closest place to me but it seems that every shop I contact dosn't rechrome wheels. Any help would be appreciated.

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Most shops assume Buick wheels have a visible seam where hub and rim sections are joined like the Skylark and other wheels do. Those are extremely difficult to replate and thats what most all shop want to stay away from.

The 15" Riv wheels are sort of unique and do not have a visible seam therefore are easier to do and any full service plating shop should be able to do them.

Try explaining this when you call or better yet just stop in with a wheel and show them.

I looked into getting mine re-chromed near K.C. MO.. No dice. One shop said the closest place (to me) is in Texas. I didn't even ask where.

I heard their was a place in Texas too, not sure where, also in California, I would just prefer a shop closer, I like to see who I'm dealing with.

I had the wheels for my 65 Riv rechromed at Southbay chrome (South Bay Chrome ) in California and they came out beautiful. I called several chrome shops (at least 25) and could not find anyone willing to do them. Southbay was more than happy to do them and I am very happy with the outcome. I had them done almost two years ago and it was $ 200.00 a wheel plus shipping to California and back. Send your email I will send you some photos. For some reason I cannot download them to this thread. Gerry