Sign in to follow this  
sosuzguy

For fun - 1970's work parking lot

I love scrutinizing old photos for the cars!

Looks to have been around '74 or so?

I was 13 then. Funny how you can't remember lots looking like that.

The attrition rate of cars is so gradual you don't notice it happening. Even a parking lot photo from 15 years ago will look somewhat vintage.

I of course spotted the Boattail Riv right off the bat!

:cool:

Look at how many 2 door coupes there were back then. The 4 doors are few and far between. Today, all you'd see would be 4 doors...if you could see past the sport utilities. Forgive me Riv maniacs, but if I could take just one from the photo, it would have to be the late 60's blue Chevelle in the lower right corner. Also might be a GTO with a Ram Air hood in the middle near the light pole...not sure. PRL

Yeah if I had to choose. It would either be the blue '68 Chevelle on the right. Or the green '67 Cougar on the far left behind the Pontiac.

I'm with BB1970, the Cougar or the Chevelle. Chevelle has SS stripes, so I think that is the one. Who caught the Edsel?

What gets me is the ratio of cars to pickups. Now at least 1/3 of the lot would be pickup based. All these pickups have campers on them.

Jayson, I think I have owned most of these cars......except the Gremlin....Oh my, and then there is a VW bug, blue Vega, red Plymouth Roadrunner,Pontiac LeMans, a couple of Cougars, a boattail Riviera, and a Chevy truck with camper. I only see about 6 foreign cars but might be more.

Thanks for the memories

Chuck

The first car that jumped out at me was the '72 Lemans...looks to be the same color as the '71 Lemans that was my first car.

The other thing that stuck out to me is the diversity of colors instead of the shades of gray that seem so popular today.