i just inherited my grandfathers 63

he owned it since 64

i dont know anything about rivs or this car

it seems to have alot of options

how can i find a build sheet on this car or

any kind of info

thanks for any help

Welcome to the ROA!

There are some things you can decode off of the data plate above the power brake booster. the rest you need to figure out by taking pictures, talking to people, and learning about these fine cars.

I am your '63 Riviera Technical Advisor, willing to help you in any way I can.

If you did not inherit a set of shop manuals for that car, they need to be your first purchase. These books are FULL of the information that you seek.

The second thing you need to do is to join the ROA. Get full access to the technical archives, get the Riview magazine every 2 months. You can buy a CD with a lot of the back issues on it.

Then take lots of pictures and share them with us. We'd love to see a car that you can trace the history on, and we can tell you what you have.

Most of all (once you determine that the car is safe to drive) drive it! These are great road trip cars, they have great power and amazing acceleration (when properly tuned). They never fail to turn heads. Their styling was years ahead of its time, real classics.

I don't know that I've ever heard of anyone finding a build sheet for a '63 Riviera. Here's photo of my 63's window sticker. It has most of the options on it that I know of except the rear window defroster. Lots of other things like vanity mirrors, "handy" (floor) mats, tachometers, etc. were dealer installed options and would only show up on service tickets.

Do everything that Jim told you and you'll be a happy Riviera owner. Welcome

Ed