Sign in to follow this  
pyntre

Pulling engine and trans on 65

I am wondering if there is advice on what bolts to use when pulling the motor / trans as a whole from a 65 Riv with a 401 /swith pitch ? I usually like 2 spots on either side of an engine to spread the load when I have pulled other engines but have never pulled a nailhead before . Any tips on getting this combo out and on the floor ? Thanks in advance!!!

Benefits of AACA Membership.

This subject was covered in great detail here Pulling engine - where to hook chain to? - V8Buick.com

As you will see there are several options

Personally, I like to bolt the chain to one of the bolts that hold the water corssover on and then the round hole lifting point at rear of block. The water crossover has a cast in lifting point but I don't like putting that much stress on a 40 year old cast part that may have some fatigue from 1000s of heating and cooling cycles over the years. Thats just my pet peeve. I'm sure hooking to the crossover loop is fine.

I also prefer to pull the engine and trans separately rather than both at the same time.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Thanks for the link above ...lots of info and details to help me out ...much appreciated !!! PYNTRE:)