wanted to buy

bjc

if i don't stop piddling on this 25 studebaker, standard engine, before you know it-i'll either be broke, or have a lot of parts for sale!:D

now the next part/parts/info the generator was not working, removed found the rear housing is distorted, broken, bent, twisted, cracked-other than that it's in fair shape, so i need either a generator rear pot metal housing, or info on what i should do:rolleyes:, also there is a coupling that connects the generator to the drive shaft to the front of the engine, inside there are 4 blocks of some sort of hard rubber that looks like the rear of the generator, yep cracked, worn, split, and the list goes on, need info where i may find these parts also. i have something working on maybe the parts to fix the light switch, keeping my fingers crossed. guys i rally thank any and all that has and those that will take a minute-i take advice very well.

regards

b.j. cannon, newbee to studebakers

1925 duplex roadster EQ

that is beautiful!

B.J.

Hopefully I can help. I've seen quite a few of these with the pot metal backplates. As long as it hasn't completely fallen apart I can make a new one. I would need your complete generator. If it has fallen completely apart I can check and see if I have an old one from previous job or on a core. The replacements are machined out of aluminum unless you prefer something else and look perfect when done. They are a true re-production not a "it'll work" piece. Feel free to contact me with any questions or if I can be of any further assistance. Phone number is toll-free 1-866-228-0218 or email is jsmithaer@gmail.com

Jason Smith

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

Grand Ledge, MI

• 2 weeks later...

My 1928 Commander Big Six generator had the factory coupling replaced way back when by a Browning pin drive setup commonly used in motor drives for machines. If you look at the Grainger catalog Pg 163

Search boston jaw couplings - pg2 - Grainger Industrial Supply

They have Boston Jaw Couplings like 2L033 (for 5/8" shaft) that have rubber spiders you could probably adapt easy.

Stude8

thanks guys for all the info and help. I have the generator drive problem fixed with the jaw coupling ( thanks stude8) have had limited luck with the generator end frame, however, don't give up helping, please, any one going to hershey that may find the end frame or generator i will be interested. (904) 613 5522. one of my electrical geru' friends pick up the light switch said he could fix it,keeping fingers crossed here also.

don't mean to rant, more than anything else just wanted to say thanks to all.

regards b.j.

• 3 weeks later...

BJ

A friend in Ohio had molds made from the potmetal end casting on a Remy generator (same one is used on his '25 Stutz). He had a few aluminum parts cast and sold me one of his spares. He still has the molds. You can try to contact him and see what it would take to get some additional parts made.

See this post:

http://forums.aaca.org/f125/1925-stutz-remy-generator-problem-238900.html

Scott

• 1 month later...

today was a red banner day: a one in a million studebaker person had one, sent it to me, installed this afternoon, works like a charm: thanks to all that read/replied/offered ideas, thanks to all:

now about this speedometer drive housing: :-)

b.j.