CD Player

Jim

I have available a very good working CD player. It has had some updates and works better and faster than the originals.

It is an original CD player with updates.

It would come without the black mounting on top unless someone needs the mounting in that case I will include it.

If your car did not originally come with a CD player then the wiring harness is not there and it is fairly difficult to add a CD player to a car that did not have one originally.

Jim

As a side note, I just noticed my next post will be 1500. Nothing compared to Padgett and Barney but still a mile stone.

post-30613-143138300739_thumb.jpg

what year is it it out of & how much?? I have a 92 Toronado Trofeo with the VIC, and in looking at the wiring diagram for both, it should be compatible...

Guest Kingsley

Jim - any way to ID those players that have the benefit of the updates? Sounds like they are nice updates - something that a competent shop could do?

what year is it it out of & how much?? I have a 92 Toronado Trofeo with the VIC, and in looking at the wiring diagram for both, it should be compatible...

When I was looking for a CD player for mine, one of the local wrecking yards had one from a Toronado of about the same year. The player looked almost identical - certainly the same from the front. But on the Reatta/Riviera, the sockets are on the bottom of the player. On the Olds, there was a short cable with the connectors at the end.

Also on the Olds, the mounting screws are on the side - rather than the top. If you have an Olds donor unit, this can be easily remedied.

So I am not saying it won't work. But there may be a minor mounting issue or two. Electrically, they should be identical.

Jim: I would like to hear about the upgrades too.

I have the mounting bracket from my (inoperatve) casette player, which should mount to the CD player, i would think I have enough slack in my cables to allow for bottom mounts...