BUICK SHOW - EASTHAMPTON, MA 9/18

jscheib

I just thought I would remind everyone in the Northeast using the forum about this upcoming show. It is at Cernak Buick, 102 Northampton St., sponsoned by the Central New Engalnd Chapter. On Saturday, September 18.

Please feel free to e-mail me at j.scheib@comcast.net or

Chapter Director Tim Davin at squirtlgl@aol.com

for additonal information or questions.

John

Yeah, I've thought about driving over on Saturday and staying over night but Hershey's only a little over 3 weeks away so it would have to come out of my budget for that trip. I checked Google maps; one way says its 243 miles and 4 1/2 hours via 95 and the Mass Pike, the other is 246 miles if I cut across northern NH and come down 91 - 5 1/2 hours. It would probably do some good to get my '71 out on a run since I've used it very little this year. It probably would make the trip okay but reverse is getting weak and I have a driveline vibration over 55 that kind of makes me wonder. I suppose I could just come over in my every day car but wouldn't be as much fun.

John,

We hope you can make the trip. You asked about how many cars are expected. Tim tells me about 20 pre-registered, so if there is good weather, which it seems now it will be, I would think we will see at least 50 Buicks. But don't hold me to a count of that number. One never knows.

John

Guest 4 bufords

the show in easthampton was great today.our yankee chapter was well represented with 19 members present. saw a lot of old friends and made some new ones. also have some inquiring about joining our chapter. sad that the show season is coming to close,will be going into car show and cruise night withdrawal before long.oh well the buicks need some tlc over the winter.thanks for listening, 4 bufords from ct

Sorry I had to miss this event, but my mom's in the Hospitial with pnumonia, and I have also had a flu bug for about a week. I'm feeling a little better myself, but she is not out of the woods yet. I am the primary caregiver for her as she has alzimers as well. You certainly had good weather on your side. I missed a lot of good stuff this year because of circumstances beyond my control. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Dave,

Sorry to hear that, and we hope your mother is better, soon. I was looking forward to getting a look at your new Riviera. Your name was mentioned a few times. We had a good time.

I certainly should mention that Tim and his wife Lisa, the Chapter Director was also having a family health issue, and their efforts yesterday were far and above anything that I would have been able to handle at the same time.

Thank you Tim, Lisa and Pat and all the CNE Chapter members for a fine meet.

John