Rare 78 Lesabre Turbo Coupe $750.00

Guest BJM

John,

I don't understand your comment about a 350 lurking under the hood--it doesn't. All of the Turbo LeSabres have 231 V-6s, which I"m sure you know. If you are suggesting that the V-6 should be removed and replaced with a 350 V-8, that would make this car very run-of-the mill and not collectible at all. Maybe I'm a little slow, but I just can't figure out your comment, or are you trying to be funny?

Pete Phillips

Not trying to be funny at all. I am suggesting changing the engine till such time the car is a valued collector car. I think the '70 Buick 350 is a good engine, capable of much more power than most people expect. And it should be a bolt in on that car since the 231 V6 is a derivative of the 350.

And I also know, from personal experience with my 78 Wagon, that these cars handle very nicely, and the Turbo 350 trans makes a big difference in terms of performance.

I did presume that the V6 is tired given the asking price, and that the car would need additional work mechanically and cosmetically. But I like the trim treatment on these, and I just figure this car could be altered today, keeping it all Buick, without major changes that would prevent it from being returned to stock later on.

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)