1928 DB

Guest francisco

Guest francisco

Hi, if someone can please help me to know more about the car what do I have I will apreciate,the car is 1928 DB 4 doors sedan.The car was manufactured in octuber 1927.I only know (somebody told me)the DB was manufactured for only a few months and only 3 others known to exist in the world;before 1928 Dodge Brothers,cars made in 1927 was DB,after that was called Dodge.Any information will help. thanks a lot

Francisco

Dodge Brothers automobiles were built from 1914 to 1930. Shortly after the Chrysler takeover, they began to call them "Dodges". Many hundreds, almost certainly, thousands, of Dodge Brothers cars still exist. A 1928 Dodge is a very common car and they were built for one year, ironically enough, not several months. They are a nice solid, well built car, but not, at all , rare.

Dodge Brothers automobiles were built from 1914 to 1930. Shortly after the Chrysler takeover, they began to call them "Dodges". Many hundreds, almost certainly, thousands, of Dodge Brothers cars still exist. A 1928 Dodge is a very common car and they were built for one year, ironically enough, not several months. They are a nice solid, well built car, but not, at all , rare.

Just to inform....they were all "Dodge Brothers" from 1914 to 1938. Chrysler did take them over in the late 20s, but their name remained the same until '38.

Just to inform....they were all "Dodge Brothers" from 1914 to 1938. Chrysler did take them over in the late 20s, but their name remained the same until '38.

That's what I get for trusting Wikipedia. It didn't sound right, but I got lazy and didn't research any further. Stupid me, a friend had a 37 Dodge BROTHERS pickup years ago. Doh!

Welcome francisco:

Part of the confusion is that DB meant 2 different things. Dodge Brothers (DB) and a 6 cylinder 1928 Senior Six with a Model Code DB. Look at the engine from the passenger side with the hood open. On the engine block near the front, just back from the radiator there is an engine number stamped. Might need a bright lite after scraping away 82 years of crud. The engine number indicates a model code and begins with a letter(s) and numbers. If your Dodge Brothers (DB) is a model code DB the engine number will be in the range DB-1 through DB-2999. Let this forum know and post a picture or 2.

Best wishes

Paul