Ever had this happen to you?

Guest Kitskaboodle

Guest Kitskaboodle

Drove 2.5 hours to go see a Reatta at a Pick-N-Pull, spent 35 minutes looking for the car in the yard (even stood on top of several cars to see where it was) went back into the office to ask them WHERE is this dang car!? The lady looked it up on the computer and said, "Oh my, that must be a mistake. That car is showing on Row 88 and that row is all Ford cars. I'm sorry sir, I will have that removed from the computer system ASAP. Heres's two complimenary passes for you for your trouble". She was so nice I decided not to point out that her $4.00 in coupons didnt quite match my $30.00 spent in gas for this blunder. :( Anyways, I checked their computer system this morning and as suspected the car is still showing up at their facility. :(

Anyone else have problems with Pick-N-Pull's computerized system?

Oh, and before you ask I talked to several employees about calling ahead and have someone actually verify that the car is there before I drove such a long distance but they said if you do they are only going to check their own internal store's computer system to see if it's there. (which evidentally is updated more than the Pick-N-Pull website)

However, in my case this doesnt apply since someone listed a car at their yard that doesnt exist! :(

Lastly, though it probably wont help much but I am going to complain to the Corporate office on tuesday.

Kit

Edited by Kitskaboodle (see edit history)

the online list is useless for most cars anyway.it doesn't say what engine or transmission are in it or what useable parts are still on the car.i needed a part for an engine in a sixties ford car.you have to look up every car that might have that engine seperately by each year.i rode my motorcycle to a pull a part 35 miles away saturday to see if they had the part that ive been looking for for a month.surprisingly they did.so i came home,loaded up my tools in my van,and made another 35 mile trip.btw the motorcycle gets 60 mpg before you ask.

Guest my82roc
My "local" you-pull-it yard (Hazelton PA, 160 Miles away) doesn't put Reattas in the self-serve area. Reattas go to the full-price, full-service high end and late model parts business they also run, separated by a pile of crushed cars and a fence. Oh well, at least somebody realizes that Reattas are special. :P

Actually they do put reattas out in the yard at Harrys.2 months ago there was an 88 Red/Tan Reatta in the farther back GM section.Was still there as of 2 weeks ago.I know of several yards that either have or had a reatta recently

Guest Kitskaboodle
Did you check row 88 anyway before you left?

You know, I did check Row 88 because I thought to myself that maybe there was a slight possiblity that a Reatta did come into their yard and one of their "highly educated" people thought it was a Ford for some reason and stuck it on Row 88! :)

Actually, to be totally honest I checked EVERY Ford row just to make sure.

But alas.....no Reatta. :(

So, with head hanging low, I lumbered back to my car, reached into my glovebox, grabbed some tissues and had a good cry. :(

Kit

Guest Richard D

I wish the one U-Pick yard in the Miami area had a computer list. If I try calling almost no one speaks english and have never heard of a Reatta, I get is that an import? sometimes or just hung up on.

Guest Richard D

Do you have Lilia's restaurants in Orlando? Pile of thin fries on top of a thin steak with lime and chopped onions, tastes great, can hear my arteries hardening while I dine. A little off topic, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...