This may be useful to your Regional Members!

Don't be careless on the Internet | Richmond Times-Dispatch

I'll admit that I'm not the brightest bulb in the dining room candelabra, so I'm assuming there are other AACA members just like me, who need to know about internet security. Of course if you also shoot off your mouth on the internet like me, the link above is even more important. :P

Feel free to add comments to this thread, and if you think its useful, use it on your regional web site or newsletter. You never know when you may save a member from embarrassment.;)

Wayne

A good place where this information could be applied to on the AACA Forums is the thread currently running on asking you to sign up if you are going to Hershey. Perhaps the thread should be changed to email Susan privately if you are going so that you may be included on the list instead of posting that information on-line.

A good place where this information could be applied to on the AACA Forums is the thread currently running on asking you to sign up if you are going to Hershey. Perhaps the thread should be changed to email Susan privately if you are going so that you may be included on the list instead of posting that information on-line.

Hi, Judy.

You are an Administrator so just do it! My advice is you should send Susan a PM and explain your reasoning.

Regards,

Peter.

While I am quite careful about not posting information about when I am going to be away from home on social media sites, I would like to point out that this site is probably a lot less of a problem. Most people who are on this site do not list their full name and address anywhere on this site. If we all posted our addresses, and lots of people who lived in our home town were viewing it on this site, there would be more of a security issue.

Also, there is not a very good way to get the final list out without some slight risk. The world is not risk free. I am not worried about this level of exposure.