Hershey Drop Off Question

Guest BJM

It looks like my retired Dad and I are going to Pennsylvania for the AACA Eastern Fall Meet and Civil War/Historical attractions. He likes the history, but not the cars.

So, he will be dropping me off on probably Friday to take in a long day of Hershey. Maybe a little Saturday morning.

Where can he drop me off so that I can be close to the action and he can skedaddle out of time to go to a historical site?

I think that is the case, you can pull into the Chocolate World parking lot and get a ticket at their attendant booth, if you leave in 20-30 minutes it is no cost, if you are there longer it is $25 or something.

Glad you will be able to go, you will likely be overwhelmed by the size. Try to get there for a few hours at the swap meet Thursday afternoon if possible. Friday get dropped off at the Chocolate World as above and spend the whole day doing the swap meet, but do not dawdle in the morning. Last year people were packing up early. Saturday is the car show at the far west side of the Giant Center, if your dad would like to just see the show cars you can park in the public parking field across from the Giant Center and not have to walk too far. Enjoy! Todd

Thanks all.

Followup: By swap meet do I understand that this includes all vendors such as services vendors you might see advertised in Hemmings and clubs?

I would like to visit the Buick Club tent, PAC etc and get info? And AACA of course. I could join in one swoop!

Or are they seperated?

There will also be an AACA membership booth in the Green Field.

Be sure and check out the listing on the Meets and Tours Forum regarding who from here will be at Hershey and where you can find them. Art Griffin and Wayne Burgess are both working in membership booths. Art in the one in the Chocolate Field and Wayne in the booth in the Green Field. Their times are listed so you can go when they are working and meet them if you haven't already done so. :)

http://forums.aaca.org/f213/2010-annual-list-who-will-hershey-287807.html

If you do get a program it helps to also carry a highlighter to mark places you might want to find again. :rolleyes:

The easiest way is for your dad to drop you off on Hersheypark Drive and you can cross where the traffic controllers help pedestrians. Dependent on which location you can visit AACA's vending area at C3H 5-7 (Chocolate Field..and next to museum and library tent), membership shed on the Chocolate Field next to the Hershey Region main tent, or at two locations in front of the Giant Center. Try not to miss the car show on Saturday even if only for a little while...1300 cars! Take the advice and don't hesitate to buy a program as they have been sold out the last two years, in fact, things may be iffy even on Friday! Programs are sold at multiple locations around the event. Enjoy.

I'd say you can pretty much be dropped off anywhere from Chocolate World to Giant Center. No matter where, you'll be close to the action. Just be prepared for a lot of walking. We arrive Wednesday morning at 7:00 and walk for three days, still don't see everything. It's a lot of fun to find a spot to watch the show cars drive into the show field Saturday morning. I think it's better than actually going to the show. Plus you can sit - bring a folding chair. By Saturday morning, my legs and feet are pretty tired.