Identify this car....this might be a hard one

Guest XmikeyX

Guest XmikeyX

This was my grandfathers car in 1941. My grandmother is standing in front of it.

The picture was taken at Lake George,NY

post-57726-143138292428_thumb.jpg

Guest XmikeyX

Thank you for the information. The other board who had identified the car was corrected as well.

Now if I can just talk my wife into buying one for me!!

I didn't mean to imply that the Nash was not at least the equal of the Packard. I was just emphasizing my certainty that the pic was not of a Packard.

Sorry, Jeff

... and I wasn't trying to imply that you were implying. I was just adding some more information at the same time you posted.

Guest Dean_H.

You definitely need to get a car like that. What a beauty! Your grandfather sure kept it nice, for a ten year old car. He even has his girlfriend stand in front of it for a picture, he must of been proud of that big classic. Cancel the vacation and the room addition and start checking the classifieds. :)

My wife's grandfather had a 7-passenger Nash of that vintage. He never drove, but his 14-year old daughter (wife's aunt) did -- no drivers license required in the mountains of southwestern Virginia in those days. She drove her entire high school basketball team to their away games.

Would one of the above be a 7-passenger sedan? Anyone have a photo of one?

Don

Guest XmikeyX
You definitely need to get a car like that. What a beauty! Your grandfather sure kept it nice, for a ten year old car. He even has his girlfriend stand in front of it for a picture, he must of been proud of that big classic. Cancel the vacation and the room addition and start checking the classifieds. :)

I am actually thinking about seriously saving up for one of these cars. My wife and I are into hot rods and kustoms, but a lot of cars just need to be left alone and kept original.

As of right now Im looking for a 1947 Dodge 4dr like the one pictured below. It was also my grandfathers. He bought it brand new in 47 and drove it till 1967. He bought himself a 67 Ford Galaxy 500. He kept his cars for a very long time. My father is the little boy infront of the Dodge and my grandmother is in the drivers seat.

I have other photos of cars him and his 3 brothers owned while growing up. I will post them. I dont know what they are, but maybe we can all figure it out.

Also, the woman standing in front of the Nash was my grandmother. This was their honeymoon to Lake George.

Are the 1931 Nash's hard to come by? Restored or not. Im not to knowledgeable in the early 30s cars.

post-57726-143138293337_thumb.jpg

My wife's grandfather had a 7-passenger Nash of that vintage. He never drove, but his 14-year old daughter (wife's aunt) did -- no drivers license required in the mountains of southwestern Virginia in those days. She drove her entire high school basketball team to their away games.

Would one of the above be a 7-passenger sedan? Anyone have a photo of one?

Don

The original picture seems to be a 7-passenger body. Note how much longer the body is than the one posted by West Peterson,which is a 5-passenger. the difference is in two fold up jump seats behind the front seat. The body needs to be longer to accomodate two more passengers in relative comfort. This was common in big sedans and limos of the period.

I also noticed the lack of the hexagon hub caps, also the hood and grille weren't tombstone shaped which made it easy to reject the Packard guess.