please help me identify this tail light

jerry whitfield

hard to see the total shape of the bracket which is critical to identification but the body of the lamp is similar to early fifties harley 125cc hummer bikes. thjere should however be a license plate bracket as well which i dod not see. Several aftermarket firms sold these shape "bullet runing lights" with various coloured glass . harley did too and they were also used as accessory turn signals

hard to see the total shape of the bracket which is critical to identification but the body of the lamp is similar to early fifties harley 125cc hummer bikes. thjere should however be a license plate bracket as well which i dod not see. Several aftermarket firms sold these shape "bullet runing lights" with various coloured glass . harley did too and they were also used as accessory turn signals

hi

if you will send me your email address, I'll send you more pix of it. thanks for your help so far. my email address is: wwhitfield@triad.rr.com

thanks

jerry in north carolina

• 4 weeks later...
Guest calspeedster

Tail light looks very much like a GM Guide back up light and stand that someone has installed a red lens in. I believe Guide division also sold lights to Harley Davidson in the 40's & 50's.