yahh happy at last

Booreatta

After 2 years of putting up with the tranny not working right I think it is finally cured. I drove the car for 61 miles and all of the shifts are great. what a difference. The car is now a joy to drive and I hope it continues. Next stop the digital dash and cruise control and Jayson gave me the name of a repair man to take care of that.

Thanks to everybody for all of your knowledge

Chuck

If you had to pick one thing that made the biggest difference, what would you pick?

I really dont know, I did a ton of research and talked to a friend at the Buick National in Ames and he pointed me to some information on the web and he did some follow up and sent me some more info. I then went and talked to the company who had been rebuilding mine and I think that he finally understood what I was talking about. He worked on it again and this time I think he got it right. I think these transmissions are just different enough that the shops just miss on the final set up. They might not totally understand how critical the adjustment of the TV cable is and they dont do these on a daily basis. All I know is if they are wrong, lthe car is a disaster to drive, but if they get it right it is a joy to drive. I guess patience is the key to success. I have only driven the car less than 100 miles but so far it is flawless. I am going to keep a record of how the car does by date in the event there are more issues, then I will know what affects the transmission, temp, rain, snow or etc. I will keep everybody posted as I am sure that I am not the only person with the same issues.