F.S. 1969 Ambassador wagon $450, no mtr.

Would like to sell a good looking 1969 Ambassador SST 3-seat station wagon for $450. It had an engine fire due to a fuel filter that came apart, so everything on the firewall was damaged. I removed and sold the engine. The car has 55,000 miles, has been in the Dallas, Texas area since new, 99% rust-free. Has never been hit or wrecked, has its original Black Mink paint, which is a rare AMC color (black with tiny gold specks if you look carefully). Paint on the hood and front fender tops is ruined by the fire, everywhere else it is quite nice. Interior is very clean; front seat has been reupholstered recently. Tires are good. Wheels are not stock. Car came with a 390 V-8, dual exhaust system (still there and in good shape), automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, factory air conditioning, chrome roof rack, tinted glass, left and right outside rear view mirrors, AM radio, cruise control, power tail gate window, and probably some other things I am forgetting. The chrome on this wagon is exceptionally nice. I do not have a title for the car, but will provide a bill of sale.

I have a friend near here who will sell the 360 V-8 out of his running 1973 Ambassador for $500 if you want to put an engine back in this beautiful wagon. It also will need everything on the firewall replaced, such as the heater & A/C ducting, blower, brake booster, hood hinge springs, wiper motor, (which my friend will probably provide) and the windshield has a crack.

Pete Phillips

Sherman, Texas

pphillips922@earthlink.net

post-32059-143138288157_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138288168_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138288177_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...