Sign in to follow this  
Steve Braverman

Series 10 Speedometer

Does anyone have a Series 10 with a working speedometer? We have two cars, and a parts car, and all have the same failure in the 90 degree gear case thing where the cable goes into the speedo. The pot metal casting gets all mushy and the gears don't mesh. Anyone have a fix?

Steve I have a really good machinist in Wolcott, IN. He is old school and they just don't make guys like him any more. If you could send me a photo I would forward it to him. I'd be surprised if he could not fix them. Another member recently had a needle and seat made for an odd carb. He is more than satisfied.

Send me a photo if you are interested.

I have a 1922 franklin with the same problem can you hook me up with this guy so I can get mine fixed to thank you from larry.

Steve , Scott Arnold from PA was here yesterday  and bought the speedo and swivel . The swivel was perfect condition. He said is going to have the bodies recast. I think he said it was series 11. Mike