Do 88/89 Reatta Body Parts Fit 90 ?

Guest redreatta53

Guest redreatta53

Just want to confirm. Looking to swap a hood, front bumper filler panel and headlight door off a '88 or '89 Reatta to a '90 Reatta (they look the same). I don't think there was any design change. Can someone please confirm this is OKAY. Thank you

Guest squiretom

my 91 fenders are NOT steel , have not determined whether they are aluminum or plastic of some sort. never thought much about it until i was trying to ' fish ' a dropped screw.

Guest redreatta53

All years had plastic fenders & aluminum hoods made out of recycled cans.

Still unsure if there was any design change on hood and filler and headlight doors that would give me any problem switching these 88 or 89 parts onto a 90.

Front fenders on all year Reattae are plastic. Not sure of the exact composition, but the same material was used on many late 80's/early 90's GM vehicle front fenders. My old 1991 Deville had plastic front fenders, but Caddy dropped the plastic and went back to steel up front in 1994. If memory serves, some of the early 90's Cadillac's purportedly had aluminum hoods, though I never confirmed this myself.

And yes, all years body panels are interchangeable except the trunk lid had a running change to the underside support structure to accommodate the convertibles in 90 and 91. Thus, late production trunk lids will fit all cars 88-91, coupe or convertible. Early production (til sometime in 1989 or very early 90 I suppose - have no idea the exact cut-over date on this) trunk lids only fit coupes of all years, and will not fit the 90/91 'vert.

Obviously, the parts clearly specific to the convertibles are excluded from this discussion.

KDirk

All years had plastic fenders & aluminum hoods made out of recycled cans.

Still unsure if there was any design change on hood and filler and headlight doors that would give me any problem switching these 88 or 89 parts onto a 90.

Not my '88 model. It has a hood made of steel.

Want heavy ? Try a 69-72 Grand Prix hood. John the Z said he wanted the longest hood in the industry and got it. Needed a tunnel extension for the fan. Does make that series of GP incredibly well balanced for a tank.

Guest redreatta53

Sorry folks, I must have been dreaming, I could of sworn that the hoods were aluminum. My magnet proved me wrong. Thanks for the nice feedback. Thanks KDirk, I will be swithching parts. Just needed confirmation so I know I was not dreaming as to there was no change in design.