Sign in to follow this  
keiser31

Cool 50s cafe bikes

Saw these yesterday outside of the architect's office where I work.

post-37352-143138284156_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138284167_thumb.jpg

The Eyetalians built some of the prettiest bikes ever. Gorgeous, sexy looking engines like the Motobi/Benelli shown, the high cam Parilla, Mondials, Bianchis etc. Check out the beautiful finned brake backing plate on the Ducati.

I'm drooling! Two very beautiful and desirable motorbikes. The Italians are the masters of these smaller bikes. It's nice to see that someone very obviously appreciates them.

the red one i think is a late 50's Gilera maybe a 125,, have a 58 rosa extra 125 in my garage in parts now..

the red one i think is a late 50's Gilera maybe a 125,, have a 58 rosa extra 125 in my garage in parts now..

It says "CECCATO" on the tank and side cover.

Here's a Gilera-- a '67 125 SS model sold by Sears, under the Allstate brand. I was given this as a ROUGH roller, by a friend who couldn't stand to see it go to the scrap pile when they cleaned out his late uncle's garage. On the vintage market, they're not worth the cost of an oil change, but I put some time into getting it running and refinishing the bodywork. It's turned out to be a fun little bike that's delivers a lot of pleasure for what I've got in it.

ry%3D400