Spotted this on a tee shirt.

R Walling

Saw a guy sporting a cool T-shirt at Blacksburg. On the front was a small chest logo: GTO in larger font, below in smaller font was Tri-Power.

On the back was a good size image of a Pontiac Tri-Power setup. Just above it was the words: These are all the carbs I'm counting.

For a while I was selling, selling and selling some more on ebay (antique auto parts). My mom sent me a t-shirt that says, "I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay". She may have been correct.

I remember the very last tag line from a Ford Truck t.v. commercial. Only saw the commercial once:

... besides, who wants a truck that drives like a rock?

I've never been a part of "my car brand is better than yours" (except for Packard, maybe), but that line I thought was very creative and funny.

Guest Dr. Strangelove

Printed on a black T-shirt with white letters with a small British Union Jack:

Lucas Electric - Still the Prince of Darkness

post-53323-143138281316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dr. Strangelove (see edit history)

While were beating the "Lucas" dead horse, how about this one:

"All parts falling off this car are of the finest English workmanship."

There are a thousand variations of this one, but they all say the same thing: lucassw.gif

"The Lucas Switch: Dim, Flicker, Off". I still say it should read "Dim, Flicker, Short"

In my teens I worked in a hardware store that sold McCulloch chainsaws. They came out with a tee shirt that had a beaver holding a chain saw. The caption read "I got beaver fever"

20 years later I am swimming in a river and come down with an intestional infection. Laymans term for the infection? Beaver Fever

My favorite T says, "Still plays with cars!"

The Crosley version I saw at our Nationals was "Still plays with little cars!" with a Crosley pictured.

One that one of our Maine members made up a bunch of T shirts with "Speed Kills, Drive a Crosley Live Forever". I liked it so much I had it put on the back of one of my denim shirts, since I don't where T shirts.