1930 coupe hood trouble trouble

mll1446

mll1446,

I am not an expert, but there are several possible things to try. How far out of alignment are we talking about?

Lets start by trying to understand the problem better. What body style? Has the body been removed from the chassis during a restoration, or has just the hood been replaced? Can you post some photos of the problem?

mll1446, it is a 1930 coupe standard, it is probabkly 1/2" out of alignemnt, body not removed from chassis. could cowl lacing be to thick?

I am not an expert, but there are several possible things to try. How far out of alignment are we talking about?

Lets start by trying to understand the problem better. What body style? Has the body been removed from the chassis during a restoration, or has just the hood been replaced? Can you post some photos of the problem?

Assuming the hood is made correctly, I suspect that the wood body blocks have deteriorated allowing the body to sag lower than it should be. If that is the case, replacing the body blocks should help with the alignment.

I would take some measurements from an identical car and determine if the cowl is too low or if the hood is not the proper size. Where are you located? Perhaps there is an AACA Member near you with a 1930 Model A that could help,.