Sign in to follow this  
rexpert

1937 Silver streak

I recently purchased a 1937 Pontiac 4 sedan. style 37-2819, Body#3624, Trim#40V, Paint 1-D. Can Anybody tell me about what colors this car had original. I am Stripping to the frame Will Paint the frame. New bushings & King pins, The Engine is going to the machine shop for building & I would also like to paint it with original color Engine Paint. still Runs but needs Lots of TLC. thanx for your help

Edited by rexpert (see edit history)

I got the 292 chevy and trans they had in it out. When i return it I will Get the flathead 8. Here are some pics.

post-69526-143138277369_thumb.jpg

post-69526-143138277376_thumb.jpg

post-69526-143138277383_thumb.jpg

post-69526-14313827739_thumb.jpg

post-69526-143138277396_thumb.jpg

post-69526-143138277403_thumb.jpg

Thanx Pacerman, Great pics, exactly what I am doing. I see The Engine was olive green like I thought, But I am Not Sure of Body Paint yet. I think It Should be Patomic Blue Though

I'm interested in your progress. I too have a '37 Pontiac. Mine is the 6 cyl. flathead. The engine was rebuilt by the previous owner, but he never did re-paint the engine, or its compartment. He also painted the car with the incorrect green color.....as you can see.

Hello, I have all the original manuals, service papers for my 1937 Silver Streak, I will scan and share info as needed.. including the colour charts.. Mine is also a straight 6 (but alas.. sad day when a huge crack was developed in the block, and I had to replace the engine)..

Let me know how I can help...

I also have apx 40 catalogues from various part suppliers who can get you all the parts you need.

Tavalite Ent

Are there any after-market grille pieces around? Of course, I'd like to find the authentic ones, but they are hard to come by. I need the long center section, as well as the 2nd from the bottom piece on the right (passenger) side. I have the originals, but they are in really bad shape. The previous owner tried to epoxy these 2 sections back together.

Jim, I will check for you on the center piece, as for the grille, I will contact you when I hear back from the welding company I contacted for replicating my grille...

Tavalite Ent

Are there any after-market grille pieces around? Of course, I'd like to find the authentic ones, but they are hard to come by. I need the long center section, as well as the 2nd from the bottom piece on the right (passenger) side. I have the originals, but they are in really bad shape. The previous owner tried to epoxy these 2 sections back together.

Thank you for the info. I have also sen this before, but It is a 1938, not a 1937. If you noticed, he posts that someone told him that it is a 38....That was me. LOL

The grille for a '37 are in seperate pieces, where the '38 is one complete assembly. The fenders might be the same, but not the grille. I really appreciate the effort though. If you see any more, please let me know!

Thank you for the info. I have also sen this before, but It is a 1938, not a 1937. If you noticed, he posts that someone told him that it is a 38....That was me. LOL

The grille for a '37 are in seperate pieces, where the '38 is one complete assembly. The fenders might be the same, but not the grille. I really appreciate the effort though. If you see any more, please let me know!

UPDATE...

I found an actual 37 in Kitchener Ontario, he is selling the hood, sides and it has the center strip.. unknown condition..

I will PM you instead of using this thred...

UPDATE...

I will PM you instead of using this thred...

Use this thread...! We are all enjoyimng following along with your adventure..!!

Rexpert,

Here's a parts car for you. Although, being in saskatchewan it is probably more Chevy than Pontiac.

post-59904-143138483413_thumb.jpg

Rexpert,

Here's a parts car for you. Although, being in saskatchewan it is probably more Chevy than Pontiac.

The grille is rusty, but it looks all there, and just from this one photo, un-damaged. The problem is, most want to sell the entire car, and not part things out. It would cost me more in shipping, then I could afford.

Tavalite Ent

You can go ahead and post the info here if you wish. However, if you would feel better about sending me a PM, no problem. What ever is best for you.

BTW, you are speaking of the long center grille section in front, right? Does he have any of the other grille pieces? I could use one more if he has it.

I could use the fenders :)..

I have a welding company here in Barrie, Ontario (established in 1945) who can "Replicate" my original 1937 Pontiac GM Grille (8 pieces)

My grille is in good condition, and solid enough for them to take all the measurements and have them cut with a laser, tacked and ready to go... They would be the same thickness (maybe a mm or two thicker) so they would show very well!

The only difference will be the ribs, they wont be "folded" but solid bars, and can be ... electropolished (or chromed option) and / or made in stainless steel (or any other steel). Other then that, they would be identicle and last very long.

I can have them re-produced for about $1,400 CDN (chromed is an additional cost) but I will check to see if the Electropolish is in the price as well.

Anyone interested in the replica's, we can drive the price down if we have more then 5 orders, I am getting 2 sets made for myself.

I posted this info in Buy n Sell Section

Still looking for that center piece for ya :), I have some leads, but the gears aren't respondin

Rexpert,

Landman, do you have this info? I could use some parts :cool:

I really appreciate the info. I am sure that the price tag of the repo grille is worth every penny, but being on a shoe-string budget, its too much for me right now. I just found out that my house has subterranium termites, so that will be where my extra money goes.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for the center section for me.

Anytime, I will keep you in the loop, I know how hard it is to save the pennies these days :)

I'm still trying to score the Hamilton Hood piece, and I found the Sask. 37 contact.. i'f I hear word, Ill send

I really appreciate the info. I am sure that the price tag of the repo grille is worth every penny, but being on a shoe-string budget, its too much for me right now. I just found out that my house has subterranium termites, so that will be where my extra money goes.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for the center section for me.

Barrie, Ontario is famous as the home of the "Barrie Bell" automobile, about 6 examples of which were assembled there under license from the Bell Automobile Company of York, PA in 1917 or so. The sole surviving Barrie Bell was restored (reconstructed) from just a few surviving bits and pieces in a Herculean feat of historical preservation.

Sorry, way off topic but how often do you see a post from Barrie, about 70 miles north of Toronto?

The Barrie Bell was eventually finished and received a First Junior Award at Hershey, the only time it was ever shown. The pic in the article you reference is actually of the only other surviving Bell, this one built in York, PA.